Lincoln Reacts to Trump Inauguration

Students, faculty share their worries about the new president

Friday, Jan. 2o was a very sad day for many students here at Lincoln. A lot of students are scared for what will happen to their families, wondering if a wall will be built, or fear being separated from their families.  Following the inauguration, students and staff shared their feelings about Trump.

Mr. Wo, math teacher:

“I myself am an immigrant. I know about the struggles and hustle. I did not vote for Trump, of course not. He will cause chaos for this country. Advice for students would be to focus on school and what you are doing. No one cane really change you or the country.”

Joe (Security):

“It’s not going to change anything because our voices are not being heard like they should be. This affects me because of how the kids will react to the whole situation.”

Gustavo H, 10th grade:

“This affected me by how my parents reacted to the situation. Part of me is scared but I feel something good will happen. It scares me that my family will get deported.”

Mr. Guerrero, English teacher:

“This will affect my kids and events are uncertain. I care about people and if they want to have a place in this country then they should have it.”

It seems that all these people were greatly affected by Trump in office. Some have faith and some are worried for the future, but only the future can tell.